The RuggedJet™ mobile printer from Brother Mobile Solutions
is specifically designed to allow law enforcement and safety inspection officials to print various documents from virtually any location, including: Electronic citations; Parking violations; Amber alerts; Driver information exchange; Emergency instructions; Evidence labels; Inspection certificates; Warning notices; Violation notices. As part of a law enforcement solution, RuggedJet can increase operational efficiency by allowing officers and other staff to help document and report incidents much faster with greater accuracy, much closer to the point of activity.
Joining the company’s PocketJet® and MPrint™ series mobile printers, RuggedJet delivers print speeds of up to five inches per second (ips), allowing fast throughput to help boost productivity. The RuggedJet versatile design allows the technology to be used for a wide range of printing applications with output sizes from two to four inches, providing a wide range of uses for both law enforcement officials and safety inspection professionals.
As part of a law enforcement solution, RuggedJet can increase operational efficiency by allowing officers and other staff to help document and report incidents much faster with greater accuracy, much closer to the point of activity. With the durable design, fast print speed, and reliable operation, RuggedJet offers a combination of performance and innovative features that provides benefits in the field for officers printing traffic tickets, parking violations and more. In addition, safety inspectors can use RuggedJet to print inspection certificates and warning and violation notices while in the field.
Additional RuggedJet™ features designed for best-in-class public safety organizations include: Tough Construction
– IP54 certification and six-foot drop protection mean that water, dust or drops won’t affect the printer’s operation under normal conditions. Ergonomic Design
– Easy to load media and intuitive interface controls. Low Maintenance Costs
– With direct thermal technology, the only consumable is paper or labels. No worries about ink or toner. Wide Range of Connectivity Options
– Bluetooth® technology or WiFi wireless connectivity, with enterprise WLAN security to handle applications inside or outside your four walls. Higher Memory Capacity
– Larger print buffer for increased throughput and more memory to store optional fonts. Industry Standard up to 203 dpi Resolution
– Ensures compatibility with existing mobile applications. Wide Selection of Resident and Downloadable Fonts
– RuggedJet offers a library of fonts to enhance printing. Support for the Major Linear and 2D Barcodes
– Ensures compatibility with existing applications and provides the latest technology for new applications. Wide Variety of Accessories
– Optional magnetic card reader, vehicle mount, vehicle chargers, four-bay battery charger, AC adapter, weather case, shoulder strap and in-vehicle adapter.
The Brother® RuggedJet mobile printer is also supported by a warranty that covers any defects or damage for two years under normal usage. With this warranty, if a problem can’t be repaired, a replacement is issued – helping to lower the total cost of ownership.
“The use of mobile technology has gained significant momentum in the public safety sector as industry professionals search for products and solutions to help become more productive, lower operating costs, gain a competitive advantage, and achieve system-wide efficiencies,” said David Crist, vice president of Brother Mobile Solutions. “Our RuggedJet mobile printer line was specifically designed after listening closely to the needs and concerns of both current and potential public safety clients to help them meet and surpass each of these goals.”
The RuggedJet printer is available in two models, the RuggedJet RJ-4030 with USB, Serial and Bluetooth® technology interfaces and the RuggedJet RJ-4040 with USB, Serial and WiFi interfaces. Each model uses the proven and reliable direct thermal printing technology, which provides several benefits, including: Low maintenance costs; higher reliability than other technologies due to fewer moving parts; quiet printing; and the ability to use the printer in just about any orientation. The compact, ergonomic and lightweight design of the RuggedJet allows the innovative printers to easily fit in places where space is limited. RuggedJet gives Brother a full product suite to address mobile applications requiring outputs ranging from four-inch roll to A4 and A6 cut-sheet to full-page, 8 ½ inches x 11 inches.