HENDON EXPO GROUP
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. PAYMENT OF EXHIBIT SPACE RENTAL FEE A non-refundable deposit of half of the total per booth must accompany the CONTRACT FOR EXHIBIT SPACE in order to hold exhibit space. Make checks payable to: HENDON MEDIA. Balance of exhibit space rental fee is due 60 days prior to the opening day of the exhibition. For bookings made less than 60 days prior to the opening day of the exhibition, full payment of the exhibit space rental fee must accompany the CONTRACT FOR EXHIBIT SPACE. Failure to comply with the above payment terms will result in the cancellation of the CONTRACT FOR EXHIBIT SPACE and forfeiture of all money paid.
2. CANCELLATION AND REFUND Cancellation by the Exhibitor for any reason, prior to the balance due date above, will result in forfeiture of all money paid by the Exhibitor. If the cancelled exhibit space can be rented to another Exhibitor, and the exhibit hall is sold out, the exhibit space rental fee, less deposit money paid, any discounts given, and expenses incurred, will be refunded. Cancellation after the balance due date above will result in the forfeiture of all money paid by the Exhibitor, and no refund will be made. Notice of cancellation must be made in writing.
3. ASSIGNMENT OF EXHIBIT SPACE Exhibit space will be allocated on a first-come, first-reserved basis. Space reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of an executed contract signed by a duly authorized representative of the Exhibitor, and payment required at the time of reservation. Exhibitor agrees not to assign, sublet, or share any portion of exhibit space. HENDON MEDIA reserves the right to assign and/or reassign the Exhibitor to booth space other than that requested by the Exhibitor, and to rearrange the exhibit hall.
4. OCCUPANCY OF SPACE Only one Exhibitor as listed on the front of this contract may occupy the exhibit space. Exhibitor agrees not to assign, sublease, or otherwise share all or any portion of the contracted exhibit space to or with any other party except a wholly owned subsidiary, or firms for which the Exhibitor is the sole distributor or worldwide agent. Exhibitor agrees not to display the products, literature, or advertising of any company other than that listed on the front of this contract.
5. BOOTH DESCRIPTIONS AND RULES A standard booth contains an 8' backdrop and 3' siderails. The line of sight rule applies to all booths. All Exhibitor devices and equipment over 4’in height and less than 5' back from the any aisle line must not obstruct the line of sight of any other booth. Exhibit fixtures, components, and signs in standard booths may not exceed the top of the fabric backdrop. Signs in perimeter booths may not exceed a height of 12'. Hanging signs will be permitted to a maximum height of 16' and cannot exceed a width equal to 50 percent of the width of the Exhibitor's booth. The 8' backdrop of a peninsula or endcap booth will measure a maximum of 10' and will be positioned in the center of the space. Three foot high sidewalls will extend an additional 5' to the aisle line. The Exhibitor's display must conform in height and length to this configuration. Requests for exemption from these rules must be made in writing to HENDON MEDIA at least 30 days prior to the first day of the exhibition.
6. FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, MUNITIONS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, AND CHEMICAL AGENTS All firearms displayed or taken into the exhibition center, including any item designed for and capable of launching a projectile must be rendered non-functional either by installing a non-removable trigger lock or by removing the firing pin. All ammunition, munitions, and pyrotechnic products and chemical agent devices must be inert or dummy replicas. All devices designed for and/or capable of launching must be rendered non-functional.
7. EXHIBITOR PERSONNEL Only bona fide employees of the Exhibitor listed on the front of this contract will be permitted access to the exhibit hall and/or the exhibit space for the purpose of representing or assisting the Exhibitor. Exhibitor badges will only be issued to bona fide employees of the Exhibitor, and all employees of the Exhibitor must present two forms of identification, one of which must document employment by the Exhibitor for admittance to the exhibit hall.
8. INSTALLATION AND DISMANTLING OF EXHIBITS Exhibits must be completely installed, assembled, and ready for display to visitors by 8:00 a.m. on the opening day of the exhibit, Failure to occupy exhibit space by 8:00 a.m. on the opening day of the exhibit constitutes a cancellation of this CONTRACT FOR EXHIBIT SPACE by the Exhibitor, DISMANTLING: Exhibitor agrees not to dismantle and/or remove any part of their exhibit, equipment, or material prior to the official closing of the exhibition as posted in HENDON MEDIA literature. Exhibitor agrees to remove all exhibition display, equipment, and materials no later than the time stated in the Official Exhibitor Kit.
9. FURNISHINGS AND DECORATION Exhibitors who need furnishings and decorations such as carpet, tables, chairs, etc., may rent this equipment from the Official Exhibition Services contractor in advance of the event and on-site. Exhibitors who intend to use a Non-Official Service Contractor must notify the Official Contractor in writing in advance of the exhibition and provide the Official Service Contractor with proof of General Liability insurance.
10. LABOR Except for Exhibitors who will use Non- Official Service Contractors, all Exhibitors who require the use of labor for hire for the purpose of erecting, assembling, and disassembling their exhibit must contract with the Official Service Contractor for labor. Exhibitors using Non-Official Service Contractors agree that all labor for hire personnel have the appropriate labor authorization, such as a union card, which authorizes them to perform specific trade work, and that appropriate authorization conforms to the local custom of the event jurisdiction and/or the labor pool of the Official Contractor. The Official Service Contractor shall have jurisdiction in matters related to Non-Official Labor personnel.
11. CLEANING HENDON MEDIA will provide janitorial services during the exhibition for aisles only. Exhibitors who desire cleaning and janitorial services inside a booth should contact the Official Service Contractor for services.
12. SECURITY Continuous security will be provided at the exhibit hall. By providing this security, HENDON MEDIA, its agents and representatives assume no liability for any loss, theft, damage, injury, or death prior to, during, or after the exhibition. Final responsibility for security and protection of Exhibitor personnel, displays, equipment and materials shall be with the Exhibitor.
13. LIMITS OF LIABILITY HENDON MEDIA, its officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, and contract vendors shall not be responsible and shall be held harmless for any loss, injury, or death resulting from any incident, fire, theft, or any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to accident or injury to Exhibitor property, Exhibitor demonstration participants, their employees, agents, guests, the public, and others, prior to, during, or after the exhibition. Exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless HENDON MEDIA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, against all claims, losses and damages to persons and property, governmental charges or fines, and attorney fees arising out of, or caused by Exhibitor installation, dismantling, removal, maintenance, occupancy or use of the exhibition premises or any part thereof, including any outside exhibition or demonstration areas. Exhibitor also acknowledges that HENDON MEDIA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents do not carry insurance for Exhibitor property or persons; nor will any of the above named be responsible for providing or arranging for such insurance.
14. GENERAL RESTRICTIONS Only law enforcement, military, and security products and services may be displayed and exhibited, and HENDON MEDIA reserves the right to deny space to an Exhibitor if the products and/or services to be displayed, exhibited, or promoted do not directly meet the objectives of the exhibition. All demonstrations must be confined to the limits of the contracted exhibit space. Aisles must be kept clear. Advertising material, literature, samples, and giveaways may only be distributed within the confines of the contracted exhibit space. HENDON MEDIA reserves the right to impose limitations on visual and noise levels, and any method of operation which becomes objectionable. Helium balloons and adhesive backed decals or signs are not permitted in the exhibit hall. No signs will be affixed with pins, nails, tape, tacks, or adhesives of any kind to walls, windows, doors, or any other surface in or out of the exhibit hall. This agreement is subject to all terms and conditions contained in the lease between the exhibition facility and HENDON MEDIA. In the event of inconsistencies or omissions in the respective leases, the terms of the exhibition facility lease will control. In the event of any violation of these Terms and Conditions by the Exhibitor, HENDON MEDIA reserves the right, at its discretion, to close the Exhibitor's display, and remove the Exhibitor's display and equipment from the exhibit hall. The Exhibitor will forfeit all monies paid, and be responsible for any and all charges associated with the above action.
15. TERMINATION OF EXHIBITION Should HENDON MEDIA be prevented, in the sole judgment of HENDON MEDIA, from holding the exhibition as a result of war, riot, strike, picketing, boycott, embargo, injunctions, emergency declared by governmental agency, damage to building, or any other act, incident, or circumstance beyond the control of HENDON MEDIA this CONTRACT FOR EXHIBIT SPACE may be terminated. In the event this contract is terminated, HENDON MEDIA will have no liability for any Exhibitor financial loss or damage, and no financial obligation to the Exhibitor except to refund a pro-rated share of total exhibit space rental fees after deduction for all costs and expenses incurred by HENDON MEDIA, and a reserve for claims. Exhibitor hereby waives all claims for loss or damage as a result of termination.
16. AMENDMENTS TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS HENDON MEDIA, at its discretion, may make changes, amendments, or additions to the Terms and Conditions of this contract between HENDON MEDIA and the Exhibitor. Any changes, amendments, or additions shall be binding on the Exhibitor. The ruling of HENDON MEDIA shall be final in all instances with regard to use of the exhibit space.
17. JURISDICTION For the purposes of this agreement, the parties agree that this agreement was entered into in the State of Illinois and that the construction and interpretation of this agreement shall at all times and in all respects be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Hendon Media Group, 130 Waukegan Road, 2nd Floor, Deerfield, IL 60015 (Tel) 800-843-9764 (Fax) 847-444-3333